This can be a rather unsettling period as there are many factors to consider such as the loss of your job, the prospect of having to look for a job, ensuring your finances are met and the lump sum payout you will receive.
It may seem tempting at first to blow your payout on that big holiday you have always wanted to go to but what if you don’t have any income for a long period, will your finances still be met?
When you speak with us, we are able to help with the financial matters and maximise your redundancy payout so that you get the most out of it to ensure you can maintain your lifestyle. Although it can be an unsettling period knowing that you could be prepared today makes all the difference when it comes to managing your redundancy.
Common questions to consider
Some questions you may wish to consider include:
- What are the elements of my redundancy payment?
- What is considered an Employee Termination Payout (ETP)?
- What tax concession do you receive on your ETP?
- How is the ETP paid?
- How do I make sure I get the most out of my payment?
- What do I do with my super?
- I've decided I want to roll over my ETP. What do I do?
- Am I entitled to Centrelink benefits?
- What if I want to use redundancy as an opportunity to retire early?
- Do I need to review my insurance arrangements?
How we can help
- Review your payout calculation.
- Identify the tax concession components and the tax-free or tax reduced amounts - the Eligible Termination Payment components. Review your goals and identify options for how to use the money.
- Calculate how much you can rollover into superannuation to minimise the total tax you pay.
- Review any insurance you have through superannuation and advise if you can continue insurance cover even though you've left the fund.
- Review any new insurance requirements that are necessary.
- Estimate how long you can live on your payout based on current expenditure and plans.
- Establish a budget to live on your payout and any other income.
- Develop options to achieve a life change in the timeframe you want.
What to do next
If you want us to help you review your options contact us today.
This website contains information that is general in nature. It does not take into account the objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular person. You need to consider your financial situation and needs before making any decisions based on this information.